A church has stood on this site for over a thousand years. The present church was built in 1292 by Hugh De Dingele on the site of an older place of worship. The church has a perpendicular porch which is at least 500 years old and has carved bosses in the beams of the roof, one an angel with hands folded in prayer and a very fine moustache!
The Church is found by going through the blue gate set in the wall at the bottom of Church Lane. From the gate a gravel path leads you through a pleasant gardened walk to the Norman church set on a slight mound with an old graveyard around the building. The walk to the church is along a wooded path set at all times throughout the year with flowers, especially snowdrops and wild daffodils in the spring and naturalised cyclamen in the late summer.
Revd. Hannah Jeffery
The Community Centre
Lower Street, Desborough, Kettering
Tel: 01536 506209
We extend a very warm welcome to everyone to come and join our services on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.
A history of the church can be purchased in paperback: